TSC Job Vacancies for principals 2017 for National and Extra County Schools
The Teachers Service Commission has announced a vacancy of 15 Posts for Principals in National and Extra County schools. successful applicants will be deployed to fill the various institutions across the Country.
Professional and Academic Requirements
- You must be a Kenyan Citizen and an employee of teachers Service Commission
- Must be at Job Group “P” and above, and served as principal in a County or Sub County Secondary School(s) for a period of at least 10 years
- Have a Masters Degree In the relevant area
- Have a proven track record in school performance improvement and learning outcomes
- You must certify the requirement of Chapter six(6) of the Constitution Click here to learn about Chapter 6
- Computer literacy is a must
- A course in management or leadership is an advantage
- Leadership and Integrity
- The responsibility of leaderships
- The financial probity of state officers
- Citizenship and leadership
- Legislation on leadership
- Oaths of office of state officers
- Legislation to establish the ethics and anti-corruption commission
- Conduct of state officers
The following documents are to be attached during the application process.
- KRA Tax Compliance Certificate.
- Loan Clearance Certificate by Higher Education Loans Board.
- Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Clearance Certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau.
- Clearance Application from EACC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a lead educator and administrator In the institution.
- Should be able to Manage and Implement institutional curriculum.
- Should be able to Administer teaching functions In the Institution including the evaluation of curriculum delivery.
- Be responsible for implementation of education policy, professional practice and maintenance of the teaching standards at the institutional level
- Procure goods and services within the public procurement guidelines for Institutional use
- Be the custodian of records of the Institution.
- Be Secretary to the Board of Management (BoM) and ensure execution of the decision of the Board.
- Ensure diligent utilization of Institutional resources.
- Be responsible for the resource mobilizations, project planning, administration and management of human resource.
- Ensure maintenance of high standards of discipline by both staff and students.
- Ensure compliance with the statutory requirements and other relevant laws related to employment
- Be responsible for the establishment and maintenance of a safe and conducive environment for learners.
- Be conversant with the relevant provisions In the Constitution and other law and lastly the candidate should be able to know the regulations that relate to Education, training and Teacher Professionalism.