Application Fees for Lost or Mutilated Passports
- Mutilated Passport – Ksh 10,050
Lost Passport Ksh – 12,050.
Kenyan Passport Renewal – Documents Required
- Sworn Affidavit of the circumstances surrounding the loss
- A police abstract/report on the loss of the passport.
- Recommender ID copy (2nd generation)
- 3 passport size photos. Click for specification
- Birth Certificate. Click to apply
- A letter explaining how you lost the passport.
- Payment Invoice (3 copies)
Who can recommend your passport application?
- Religious leader
- Civil servant
Procedure for Application
Register or log into ecitizen.go.ke and Go to Department Of Immigration Services then Passport and Temporary Permits. Read the instructions carefully then fill the application form.
Open Passport Application form and fill it as per the instructions the instructions given select the mode of payments convenient to you either through Mpesa or Debit/Credit Card.
Download and print out the application form plus three application receipts then, sign and date the form, add any documents or photographs that are needed.
Visit the Immigration Center nearest to you in person for biometric fingerprint capture and for processing. Passport processing takes 10 -15 working days so it is safer to apply for it early before traveling.
Passport Application form Submission
You will need the following during the submission process
- An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form and three receipts.
- Original Birth certificate and photocopy.
- Original National ID Card (2nd generation) & copies.
- Three Current passport size photos.
- Recommender’s National ID Card (2nd Generation) copy.
- A consent letter for minors.
- An old passport for replacement or Police Abstract in case it is lost.
- Copies of Parents National ID cards
- eCitizen recepts
In case you experience any difficulties during the Kenyan passport renewal process. Call the following numbers for assistance.
- Nairobi Office – +254 772 246 669
- Mombasa Office – +254 708 206 206
Where to Apply To
- The nearest Huduma Center
- Nairobi: Ground Floor (North Wing), Nyayo House – Tel +254- 20-2222022
- Mombasa: PC’s Office Building – Tel:+254-41-2222676
- Kisumu: New Provincial Headquarters – Tel:+254-057-2024935/2025438/0700596071
- Eldoret: Public Works Building – Tel: +254-53-6337
- Garissa: Telefax:0462102140
- Embu Huduma Center
- Nakuru Huduma Center
- Kenya Embassy, Washington D.C: 2249 R Street, N.W.Washinton D.C 20008 U.S.A – Tel:+12023876101 – www.kenyaembassy.com
- Kenya High Commission, London: 45 Portland place London WIBISIAS United Kingdom – Tel:+442076368364 – www.kenyahighcommission.net